Terms & Conditions of Sale
Continental Industries sells only to authorized distributors.
Net 30 Days. All orders are accepted on the basis of prices in effect at date of shipment unless otherwise specified in writing by a division of Continental Industries. No merchandise is to be returned for credit without prior written authorization from Continental Industries or the appropriate division.
Seller may suspend credit and/or refuse shipment whenever Seller in its sole discretion believes Buyer’s credit is unsatisfactory, unless Buyer then makes arrangements for payment that are satisfactory to the Seller.
For orders less than $1,800.00 NET price, Continental Industries may assess a $50.00 “minimum order charge” before freight. A $30.00 minimum “non-stock set up charge” per line item for special or non-stock items may also be charged whichever is the greater when the order does not meet the minimum for prepaid freight.
Continental Industries responsibility ends when the carrier signs for the shipment in good order. Continental Industries cannot be responsible for delays in delivery by the carrier or for loss or damage to merchandise in transit where shortages or damages occur. Details should be noted on the freight bill of lading immediately at time of delivery. In case of concealed damage the customer should call the carrier in at once to inspect the damage. When a problem is discovered, contact the customer service department of the specifics of any potential claim to provide assistance if required.
Seller (Continental Industries) shall make delivery in accordance with contract documents or within a reasonable time in the absence of any commitment, but seller shall not be liable for delays or defaults in delivery caused by floods, storms, fires or other acts of God, by war or act of public enemy (or civil disturbance), strikes, lockouts, shortages of labor or raw materials and supplies (including fuel) or production facilities, transportation service or equipment shortages or failures, action of any governmental authority or other conditions beyond Seller’s reasonable control.
No merchandise may be returned for credit without written authorization and specific shipping instructions. Material returned without proper written authorization will not be accepted and will be returned to the customer freight collect! On standard items a 35% restock charge will be assessed to cover the cost of handling, inspecting and restocking. Stock items in full carton quantities only! Non-stock items and special made to order items are non-returnable. Extra charges may be added if repair or refinishing is necessary. All returned merchandise must be freight prepaid.
Non-stock catalog items and special, made-to-order items may be cancelled only upon approval by Continental Industries. Non-stock and special items may not be canceled once the order is in the production process.
Continental Industries warrants its products in the following manner:
- For registers, grilles, diffusers and related products Continental warrants to the original purchaser that, for a period of 1 (one) year from the date of shipment, these products shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal service and use for which they were designed.
- For gas vent, all-fuel and related venting and chimney systems, Continental warrants to the original purchaser that, for a period of 18 months from the date of shipment, these products shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal service and use for which they were designed.
The sole obligation under these warranties is limited to one of the following, at the sole discretion of Continental Industries:
- Delivering to the purchaser a replacement product or part
- Repairing the product or part
- Refunding an equitable portion of the purchase price paid for the product by the purchaser
Continental Industries makes no warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or merchantability of these products. Continental Industries makes no other warranty, expressed or arising by operation of law, course of dealing, usage of trade, or otherwise implied.
Continental Industries assumes no responsibility for any phase of the installation of its products, or for improper operation due to faulty installation, or for the cost of removal and replacement. Further, Continental Industries shall not be liable for any costs (including costs of removal and replacement), lost profit, loss of goodwill, or any other general, special, incidental, or consequential damages incurred in connection with the purchase of Continental Industries products.
For those granted access to secure online information, such as product pricing and other company confidential data, the following terms and conditions apply:
- I understand that Continental Industries is granting me access to company confidential information.
- I agree to keep such information confidential and not to communicate or disseminate this information to others.
- I understand that Continental Industries logos and other photos and illustrations are the intellectual property of Continental Industries.
- Should I use the Continental Industries name, logos, product depictions, and other site content in my own promotional or technical communications, whether in print or online, I agree to do so with moral decorum and dignity and that I will not disparage the Continental Industries name or other intellectual property.
- I agree to acknowledge, where appropriate, the intellectual property of Continental Industries.
- Some site content may be specifically copyrighted; I agree not to use such with written permission of Continental Industries.
The Continental Industries logo, Continental Register logo, AirJet Logo, Auer logo, Metaline logo, the AJ Sweep character, and the following words and phrases are trademarks of Continental Industries Incorporated: the aspirations of every building, the register people, the vent people, Auer Register, Surflo, FlexJet, Extr’ordinair, and "because everyone needs to vent."
Continental Industries is committed to protecting your privacy. We collect and use information about you to operate and improve our web site and business operations. We may send electronic or print communications to you for the purposes of customer support or promotional activities. We will NOT share your contact or other personal information with any other parties.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to help protect your personal information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.